The Government is reviewing our adoption laws to make sure they meet the needs of Aotearoa New Zealand in 2021 and beyond. This includes ensuring our adoption laws reflect the multicultural nature of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Now is the time to let the Government know how we should change our adoption laws.
- What is adoption and who is involved?
- What about culture (including tamaiti whāngai or tamariki atawhai)?
- How does the adoption process work?
- What are the impacts of adoption?
- How should surrogacy work?
Find out more about the review here:
(*) If there are any copyright-related issues regarding the articles published on our website, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would handle the request accordingly.